College Go Get It Week 2017
September 18 - 22, 2017
Rolling Hills Engineering Academy
- Monday, September 18, 2017 My Future is Bright
Students and staff will wear neon color shirts and shades to represent their bright college futures. Teachers will use their technology devices to take the students on a virtual college tour via www.youvisit.com/colleges. Various colleges and universities throughout the world will be visited.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 Hats Off to Education
Students and staff will wear a college hat of their choice. Students will personalize college pennants with the college of their choice.
- Include college colors, mascot, location and other important information.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 College Spirit Day
Staff and students will wear a college shirt of their choice to show their college spirit.
- Thursday, September 21, 2017 “GEEKED” About College
Students will dress in “GEEK” attire to show they are “GEEKED” about going to college. Each student will create a drawing to be entered into a raffle to win a
t-shirt from various colleges in Texas.
- PreK-2 Draw a picture of yourself in your dream career! List the skills and abilities needed for that career.
- 3-5 Draw and color a picture of yourself in your dream career! Write a paragraph on what education you need for that career.
- Friday, September 22, 2017 Reflection Log
At the conclusion of CGGIW, students will create a reflection log (place in student file):
- Fold a sheet of paper into quarters,
- Label each quarter, and then
- Reflect on their learning by writing several sentences in each section of the paper.
As a result of College Week:
I can …